You’re not alone if you recently updated your Apple TV device software and are now having problems with the YouTube app. Many users have reported that the YouTube streaming app is no longer functioning properly and frequently crashes after installing a device firmware or software update.
In this article, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to get the YouTube app working correctly again on your Apple TV set-top box.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix YouTube App Not Working & Keeps Crashing on Apple TV After Installing an Update
If the YouTube app installed on your Apple TV device suddenly stopped working, not opening, or keeps on exiting after you updated the software, read on to learn how to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
TODAY’S DEALS: Check out these limited-time offers on the latest Apple TV device at Amazon, BestBuy, & Walmart!
Restart your Apple TV Device
The first thing you should try when troubleshooting any issue with your Apple TV is to restart it.
- To do this, go to the “Settings” app on your Apple TV and navigate to “System > Restart”.
- Once your Apple TV has restarted, try using the YouTube app again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Check your Internet Connection
A poor or unstable internet connection can cause problems with the YouTube app on your Apple TV.
- To check the status of your internet connection, go to the “Settings” app on your Apple TV.
- Then, navigate to “Network > Status”.
- This will show you the current status of your internet connection, as well as any issues that may be impacting its performance.
If you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection, try restarting your router and modem. You can also try connecting your Apple TV to your network using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi, as this can sometimes improve the stability of the connection.
Update the YouTube App Installed on Apple TV
If the YouTube app on your Apple TV is out of date, it may be causing the app to crash or not work properly. To check for updates, go to the “App Store” on your Apple TV and navigate to the “Updates” tab. If an update is available for the YouTube app, install it and see if this fixes the issue.
Clear the Cache on the YouTube App
Over time, the cache on the YouTube app can become cluttered with old data and cause the app to crash or not work properly.
- To clear the cache on the YouTube app, go to the “Settings” app on your Apple TV and navigate to “Apps > YouTube”.
- From here, select “Clear Cache” and confirm the action.
- This will remove any old data from the app and may help resolve the issue.
Reset the YouTube App
If none of the above steps have worked, you may need to reset the YouTube app on your Apple TV. To do this, go to the “Settings” app on your Apple TV and navigate to “Apps > YouTube”. From here, select “Reset” and confirm the action. This will reset the app to its default settings and may fix any underlying issues that were causing it to crash or not work properly.
If the YouTube app on your Apple TV is not working properly and keeps crashing after an update, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue. These include restarting your Apple TV, checking your internet connection, updating the YouTube app, clearing the cache on the app, and resetting the app. You should be able to get the YouTube app to work properly on your Apple TV if you follow these steps.
DON’T MISS: All the best offers on new Apple TV models at Amazon, BestBuy, & Walmart!