As a TCL TV owner, you are probably not a stranger to the unfiltered access to 100s of apps on your screen. Like many other TVs, YouTube is likely a top choice among your main viewing preferences.
The YouTube app on TV is great, but there are times when it just can’t seem to work on TCL TV. In such moments, troubleshooting should be the next step to take. The main cause of this issue can’t be traced to any particular prompt. However, it emerges in a variety of ways, ranging from the quality of your internet connection to an outdated version of the app.
Ways to Troubleshoot YouTube App Not Loading or Doesn’t Launch on TCL TV
To get rid of this issue for good, it’s best to be willing to engage in a fair bit of trial and error. It is going to help you stumble upon the right solution or inch a little closer to the main reason behind the problem.
Do a Speed Test to Check your Internet Connection
It is an important thing to look out for when an app doesn’t work as intended. Checking your internet connection can actually save a fair bit of your time from the stress of troubleshooting. With your TCL TV, do the following.
- Open your browser and type in fast.com.
- Press enter and a speed test will begin.
- Wait for this to be completed, then see the results.
If you’re getting less than 3.0 Mbps, your connection may not be fast enough for high-quality YouTube streaming. If the website is not even opening in the first place, it’s time for you to check your router connection. You can try restarting the router and adjusting the cables.
Verify the Connection Status of your TCL Smart TV
To see if your network connection is actually active, here is what you need to do.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Settings and navigate to Network.
- Go to About and view the network status.
If it is showing that you have a connection, check out our other recommended solutions, and don’t forget to restart your router.
Install Available Updates on the YouTube App
Updating YouTube is a solution worth attempting because it can make a huge difference.
- Go to the TCL TV store by selecting the Start screen.
- Choose your user icon next to the search bar.
- Select downloads or updates from the menu.
- Now check for updates.
- Download an update for YouTube if it’s available.
Perform a Reset and Power Cycle your TCL TV
If your TV suddenly goes blank while watching YouTube, a quick reset should hopefully get it back up and running. Here’s how to make that happen.
- Unplug your TV from the socket.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Plug it back in and try to open the YouTube app once again.
The YouTube app is one of the best places to enjoy a full library of content without any limitations. As a TCL TV owner, you deserve that experience without any problems. Thoroughly follow the contents of this guide to find your fix!