ITVX is the UK’s newest streaming service—the exclusive home of all ITV. Unlike traditional television, ITVX does not require a cable connection; an internet connection is sufficient. It also works on your smartphone, tablet, computer, or smart TV devices.
The new streaming platform provides new program exclusives, ITV dramas, documentaries, American series, comedy and reality shows, and films. ITVX competes with famous streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
How Much Does ITVX Subscription Cost?
Like any other streaming platform, ITVX offers two memberships: a Free and a Premium subscription. You can watch almost anything with your free subscription; the only drawback is that you must watch advertisements at the same time.
A paid subscription tier, on the other hand, provides all content free of advertising. It also gives you access to more content, such as “partner content” and Britbox, and downloads for offline viewing on a mobile device. Premium subscriptions are only £5.99 per month or £59.99 for the entire year when paid in advance.
Where to Watch ITVX Content?
The fun does not end there. ITVX is available on various devices, including Roku TVs, Samsung Smart TVs (from 2016 onwards), an Amazon Fire TV Stick, FreeView Play, NOW TV, iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), Android phones and tablets, and Sky Glass.
But if you only have an older Samsung Smart TV, worry not! You could get around this by streaming from the app to the TV using a device such as a Amazon Firestick or Roku streaming player.
How to Download & Install ITVX App/Channel & Watch Content on a Roku Device
Here’s how to install and activate ITVX on your Roku smart TV or Roku streaming media player device:
- Check whether ITVX is preloaded on your Roku Home screen’s channel list.
- If not, go to the Roku Channel Store website.
- Look for the ITVX app.
- Then click the Add Channel button.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button. It will take you to the Home screen.
- Scroll to the “Streaming Channels” tab, then select Channel Store Search.
- In the search field, type “ITVX” using the on-screen keyboard.
- Finally, on the channel details page, click Add Channel. Enter your Roku account PIN if you have one.
- Create an ITVX account if you don’t already have one.
Creating & Activating a New Account on ITVX
To create an account:
- Go to itvx.com on any web browser
- Head over to the sign-up option
- Enter your email address and password
- If you opt for the Premium, verify your billing information.
After successfully creating your account. Activate it:
- Open your Roku channel list from your Home screen.
- Navigate to the ITVX channel tile. Choose the “sign in” option. Enter your email address and password.
- The following page will display an activation code along with a website link.
- So, on your phone or computer, type the link into your browser’s URL bar. It will take you to the ITVX activation website.
- Finally, in the appropriate field, enter the activation code displayed on the ITVX Roku channel and click the “Sign In” button.
- Create your profile and library, and begin watching.
How to Get & Install ITVX App to Use on your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick Device
How to download, install and activate ITVX on your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick device?
- Combine your firestick with your Smart TV
- Go to your app’s tile of your FIRE TV home
- Search for ITVX
- Click Update or Download on the ITVX app
- Wait for the download and installation to finish.
- Just click “Open” to use ITVX
- Then, go to itvx.com
- Select your account icon and click Register now.
- Enter your email and password.
- Set up your profile information.
- Lastly, go to your inbox and check for a verification email. Then enjoy using ITVX.
There are many ways to watch ITVX. Remember that the fun is not limited to Smart TVs. You can also stream it using your mobile tablet or phone. We hope you will soon enjoy all of its features.