Like most people, you probably don’t think much about the software that powers your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick remote control device. But just like any other technology, it occasionally needs to be updated and upgraded to keep up with changes in the system.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to update Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick remote control software or firmware to stay up-to-date and keep your device running smoothly. We’ll also share some troubleshooting tips in case you run into any problems along the way while upgrading your remote’s firmware.
How to update Amazon Fire TV remote control software or firmware to the latest version
If you have an Amazon Fire TV or Firestick, you may occasionally need to update the software or device firmware on your remote control to the latest available version. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the settings menu on your Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Firestick.
- Select “My Fire TV” from the settings menu.
- Select “Remote & Controllers.”
- Select “Update Software.”
- Follow the prompts to update the software on your remote control.
Tips for using your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick remote control efficiently
One of the great things about Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick devices is that their remote control software is regularly updated. This ensures that you always have the latest features and bug fixes at your fingertips. Here are some tips for using your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick remote:
- Keep your remote control up to date: As mentioned, Amazon regularly releases updates for the Fire TV and Firestick remote control software. To make sure you have the latest version, go to the Settings menu on your device and select “System Updates”. From here, you can check for and install any available updates.
- Customize your controls: The Amazon Fire TV and Firestick allow you to customize the buttons on your remote control to better suit your needs. To do this, go to the Settings menu and select “Remote Control”. From here, you can add, remove, or rearrange the buttons on your remote.
- Use voice commands: Voice commands are a great way to quickly access what you want on your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick. To use voice commands, simply press and hold the Voice button on your remote and then speak into it.
- Do a quick search: If you’re not sure what you want to watch or listen to, you can use the Quick Search feature on your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick. To do a Quick Search, press and hold the Home button on your remote and then start typing in what you’re looking for.
Amazon Fire TV Remote Not Working?
If your Amazon Fire TV remote isn’t working, it could be because the batteries are low, the remote is out of range, or there’s a problem with the infrared sensor.
You can try replacing the batteries, moving closer to the TV, or unplugging and replugging in the TV. If none of those solutions work, you may need to upgrade or update the software on your remote control.
If you have an Amazon Fire TV or Firestick, it’s important to keep the remote control software updated. This article walks you through the steps of how to update Amazon Fire TV & Firestick remote control software. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick is always up-to-date and running smoothly.